Welcome to Knox Salon!
During the pandemic we were hard at work implementing features to make your next visit a memorable one. Even though cleanliness and safety is a staple of our service, we strive to keep the intimate “welcome home” experience you have come to expect in all your visits. Due to the sensitive nature of our current environment, some changes are necessary.
We would like to walk you through your next visit prior to your appointment to share updates and newly incorporated features that we’ve implemented in response to the new environment.
What to expect prior to your visit
- As always, you will receive a confirmation email for your appointment. As part of the confirmation, you will be asked to fill out and submit a small health check questionnaire prior to your scheduled appointment.
- We request that no other guests accompany you to your appointment as to assist us with maintaining our salon occupancy at an operational level. This will greatly increase the safety of all our guests and staff.
- Once you arrive please contact the front desk at (310) 837-5600 before entering the salon.
- Our friendly front desk coordinator will advise whether your stylist is ready to receive you. In the event we are in the sanitation process, you will be given a timeframe to enter the salon.
Upon your entry
- Face masks are encouraged but optional.
- You will be welcomed by your service provider with a contactless greeting for check-in.
- You will be offered an option of using the restroom with a touchless light switch and water faucet, or sanitizer dispensers found throughout the salon to begin your visit.
- As always you will be provided a freshly laundered robe or cape.
- Some Aveda Rituals have been suspended at this time.
- All hand massages will not be performed.
- We will no longer dispense beverages such as Aveda tea or open cups of water.
- Refrigerated or room temperature bottled water is available to all our guests.
- We request that all bottles be taken with you for recycling and disposal.
During your service
- Our shampoo area has been upgraded with a plexiglass barrier that allows for full-service access while creating a non-intrusive safety barrier between the service provider and guest.
- Magazines will no longer be available within the salon.
- Salon tablets for all guests will be available during your visit. The tablets are pre-loaded with current and past electronic editions of all salon magazines and movies for your enjoyment.
- Tablets will be sanitized after each use, and charged for your future visit.
- Upon your service completion, hair drying /styling is optional.
- At checkout you will be greeted by our front desk coordinator who will assist you with product testers and purchases. We request that all guests refrain from handling any testers or products on the display shelves to prevent contamination. We will be happy to assist you with samples and purchase selections.
- We encourage a cashless payment system to minimize the handling of money as a safety measure.
- Cash will be accepted, however we request whenever possible that payments be made via credit card, Zelle (Quickpay) or Apple Pay.
- Gratuity offerings can be made through Venmo, Zelle, or Apple Pay respectively. Please inquire with our front desk coordinator for specifics.
Your visit will close with a sincere thank you for your visit and support.
Once you leave the salon the staff will sanitize and prepare the salon for our next guest.